One of the best ideas of monetizing your blog or any website you manage is to make the most of Google Ads. You can be all in doubts at first, but if you get familiar with all of the advantages, you can benefit from Google Ads for your business.
Using Google Adsense is one of the most popular methods for turning your blog into a goldmine. To start making money, you need to add Google Ads to your WordPress site and constantly optimize your performance. Results can come in no time, but they don’t have to.
How to add Google AdSense to your website? What are the best practices? What are tips you can implement to your strategy, and hints to apply? Check out our article.
What is Google AdSense?
Long story short – Google AdSense is an advertising network led by Google. It allows bloggers and website managers a possibility to make money by showing interactive advertisement materials embedded on a particular website: it can be done in a form of image, video or text. Ads are targetted and retargeted as for audience and content published on the site.
Google AdSense should be regarded as hassle-free and no troublemaking for anyone. It helps you avoid dealing with many advertisers or worrying about your fees. It is led and managed by Google which means it is a high-quality, reliable source of making extra money. It is also Google who deals with advertisers and take care of those relations, while bloggers and website owners just offer the advertising space. Even though they take some fee for managing it, you still get a fair share of the money.
AdSense serves CPC – cost-per-click ads, so a particular blogger or website owner gets money every time a user clicks through the ad on their website. There are a lot of factors that impact how much can you charge of a click – it can be the country where the click comes from, ads, content or industry it comes from.
How to get started with AdSense?
The very first thing you need to do is to sign up for a Google AdSense account. You can do it with your Gmail account or create a new one. In a few hours from submitting your application, you will get the first piece of information whether you have passed the first stage. Then, you need to get your ad code from your AdSense account.
If you are logged in on the account, here come the next steps:
– click on the My ads tab and then New ad unit button – this is where you can create a new ad and choose the type of it. Select text and display ads, in-feed ads or in-article ads. For newbies in the business, we recommend display ads or even text ads.
– provide your new ad unit with the name (for your internal purpose), size and style, as well as colours
– choose a correct ad size. Even if Google provides with many sizes to choose, there are a few sizes extremely popular for advertisers and there are the ones to stick to, in order to get a better payout.
– choose Ad type and ad style now. It should go along with your website design and layout, so the colours should be identical or similar to deliver the best experience and results.
If there are no ads currently available for your website, you can choose to hide the ad area or fill it with your own ad. However, the situation where Google can’t match your website with adverts is extremely rare.
Click on „Save” and get the code button when you finish filling in all of the steps. If you see the message „Ad successfully created” it means that all went well. Copy your ad code and paste in it in Notepad, then save it.
How to add Google AdSense in WordPress
WordPress and Google AdSense go along pretty well. First, you need to identify where you want to show the ads – they are usually displayed in the sidebar. You can add Google Adsense using several WordPress widgets.
You need to go to Appearance » Widgets page in your WordPress admin panel.
Drag & drop the ‘Custom HTML’ widget to the designated widget area and paste your Google AdSense code that you saved in Notepad.
Why should you use ads?
- even though a lot of people have their AdBlocks enabled, you can reach your audience with relevant adverts – and click through rates can be pretty sweet
- it can be a great trampoline to start thinking seriously about monetizing your assets and websites – if you pass this stage, you can get to other types of monetization, e.g. sponsored content or brand ambassadorship. Many bloggers start with AdSense and there is nothing wrong with it, and they even stick to it while using other forms of monetization.
- the payout limit is not set high so you can get your first payment fairly quickly – it is unlikely to have it like this using other forms of monetization. Money coming from AdSense can be used for other investment.
Tips and Tricks for AdSense
We strongly encourage you to use AdSense on your blog, and with a few of our tips it can be easier than ever before.
- what is regarded as the best size for AdSense Ads is 336*280 or 300*250 – they fit on most screen sizes as well as have the best pay rate
- Adverts placed near the top of the screen can get more valuable clicks that ads located within any other placement – however, you should try a lot of solutions for your services
- test a few creations and CTA buttons or texts to find those who deliver the best performance and results. If you never try, you’ll never know!
- If you feel like it, go into A/B testing!
- maximize your conversions with using several ad formats and placements same time. It can secure you getting the best results.
- focus on user and make your website user-friendly despite ads you may be offering.